Website Terms and Conditions of Use
Meetspeaker is an online learning system offered through the internet address www.meetspeaker.com, managed through the sole proprietorship registered in Italy.
The site can be used to improve the knowledge of foreign languages in an easy and effective way. For this purpose, it offers users the opportunity to initiate conversations with other users with whom they share interests and, at the same time, to promote and advertise courses, events, teacher profiles and initiatives related to language learning.
By registering with Meetspeaker, the general terms and conditions are approved as a “User”. Once registration is complete, a valid contract is concluded with the Owner. Each User is therefore required to carefully read the conditions and terms set out below, which constitute the legal framework governing the use of Meetspeaker.
Meetspeaker offers free content and features. We don’t charge you to use Meetspeaker.
The service offered by Meetspeaker through the website www.meetspeaker.com is aimed at individuals who have reached the age of majority, and legal entities. These subjects will be able to register on the site by creating an Account.
The protection and processing of personal data will take place in accordance with the provisions of Legislative Decree 196/2003 as amended by Legislative Decree 101/2018 following the entry into force of the EU Reg. 679/2016 (GDPR), containing the current legislation on the protection and processing of personal data.
The Owner is not able to control the ways in which the data and information provided and exchanged with other Users are used by the Users through the services made available by Meetspeaker.
For this reason, the Owner urges Users to pay due attention in sharing information with others on the platform.
2. Links to third party sites
The site may contain links to third party sites, some of which may provide services. In these cases, the general conditions for the use of the site and for the use of the service prepared by third parties will apply to the individual services, for which the Owner assumes no responsibility.
The Owner assumes no responsibility for materials created, uploaded or published by third parties with whom the site has a hypertext link. The Owner does not exercise any control over them and, therefore, is in no way responsible for the contents of these sites.
The user who decides to visit a website connected to Meetspeaker does so at his own risk, assuming the burden of taking all necessary measures against viruses or other destructive elements that can potentially harm him.
The site may contain links to third party sites, some of which may provide services. In these cases, the general conditions for the use of the site and for the use of the service prepared by third parties will apply to the individual services, for which the Owner assumes no responsibility.
3. Accessibility to the portal
For the provision of services Meetspeaker uses the technology currently and habitually used in the sector. To be able to take full advantage of the services offered by Meetspeaker, the User must similarly use these technologies (e.g. updated browser …) or allow their use on his computer (e.g. activate Java Script, authorize cookies and pop-up windows). If technologies that are not current or not in common use are used, the User may be able to use the services of Meetspeaker only to a limited extent.
4. Warranty Disclaimer
The service is made available to Users through the site www.meetspeaker.com “as it is available.” The Owner does not guarantee in any way that the service rendered will never have interruptions, errors, bugs or viruses, and that it may meet the needs of all Users.
The Owner will endeavor to ensure that the site is available continuously 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, but will in no way be held responsible if, for any reason, it is not accessible and / or operational at any time or for any period.
Access may in any case be suspended temporarily and without notice in the event of system failure, maintenance, repairs or for reasons completely unrelated to the will of the Owner or for events of force majeure.
The Owner will continue to make innovations and improvements to the site, also reserving the right to delete or modify parts of the same even without notice and in any case without this resulting in any liability towards users or third parties.
The Owner also disclaims any guarantee regarding:
- the reliability, timeliness, accuracy and performance of the platform,
- any material or data obtained through the use of the platform
- the information, services or goods obtained through the site or advertised on it as well as any information or advice received through links to other sites or resources obtained through our platform,
- the results that can be obtained from the use of the platform itself,
- the correction of any errors in the platform,
- relationships with, or determined by the presence of, marketing partners or other third parties on the Platform or identified through the platform.
5. Major force
The Data Controller cannot be held responsible for the failure or delayed fulfillment of its obligations, for circumstances that can be defined outside its sphere of control due to events of force majeure or, in any case, to unforeseen and unforeseeable events and, in any case, independent of the will ( among which may be included, by way of example but not limited to, failures or interruptions to the transmission tools, the electricity network, the Internet network, natural events, viruses and computer attacks, interruptions in the supply of products). Upon the occurrence of force majeure events and for their entire duration, the fulfillment of the obligations by the Owner will be considered suspended. The Owner will carry out any act in his power in order to identify solutions that allow the correct fulfillment of his obligations despite the persistence of force majeure events.
6. Limits to use
The material contained in the Site is protected by copyright except for the contents expressly identified as creative commons. The documentation, images, characters, artistic work, graphics, application software and all codes and format scripts used to implement the Site are the property of the Owner.
The contents of the Site cannot be copied, modified, transferred, uploaded, downloaded, published or distributed without the prior written consent of the Owner.
Without prejudice to the possibility of storing such contents on one’s computer or of printing extracts from the pages of the Site for personal use only.
The Meetspeaker name, trademarks and logos on the Site are the property of the Owner, these cannot be used without the prior consent of the Owner.
The user also undertakes to refrain from any activity capable of interfering or interrupting the proper functioning of the platform made available through www.meetspeaker.com or any hardware used in connection with the platform itself.
7. Limitation of Liability
- In the event of a breach of a contractual obligation of an essential nature, the Data Controller may be held liable only for foreseeable losses and damages and to be considered typical with respect to the contractual form, if the breach is due to slight negligence, except in the case in which the request of the ‘User refers to damage that could compromise life, physical integrity or health.
- The Owner cannot be held responsible for any losses that do not represent the immediate and direct consequence of the breach of the contract by the same.
- The Owner cannot be held responsible to the User for disservices or malfunctions connected to the use of the internet outside the control of himself or of his subcontractors, except in cases where there is no hypothesis of willful misconduct or gross negligence.
- The Owner cannot be held responsible to the User for any loss of commercial opportunities and for any other kind of loss, even indirect, that may be suffered by the User (such as, by way of example but not limited to: commercial losses, loss of revenues, loss of contracts or commercial relationships or loss of reputation, etc.);
- The Owner cannot be held responsible for damage resulting from the incorrect or unsuitable use of the site by Users or third parties;
- The Data Controller assumes no responsibility for the fraudulent and illegal use that may be made by third parties, of credit cards and other means of payment, upon payment of the services purchased, if he proves to have adopted all the possible precautions based on the best science and experience of the moment and based on ordinary diligence.
- The Owner cannot be held responsible for damages, losses and costs suffered by the User as a result of the failure to execute the contract for reasons not attributable to him.
- The User undertakes to indemnify and hold harmless the Owner (as well as any companies controlled or affiliated by the same as well as its representatives or collaborators), from any obligation or liability, including any legal costs incurred to defend themselves in court, which should arise in the face of damage caused to other Users or third parties, in relation to the Content uploaded or the violation of the terms of the law or the terms of these Conditions.
- The Owner will not be responsible for the issue of incorrect tax documents, if the error derives from incorrect data entry by the User himself. In fact, the User remains the only person responsible for the correct insertion of their data.
- The Owner cannot be held responsible for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, which derive from or which are attributable, for any reason, to the platform made available by Meetspeaker.
8. Registration and conclusion of the contract
- In order to use the features and services offered by the site www.meetspeaker.com, Users must register by creating an account.
During the registration phase, the User is obliged to fill out the registration form with complete and truthful information. If the User creates an account on behalf of a legal person (eg. Your company or your employer), by completing the form, you declare that you have the legal authority to bind this legal person to these Conditions.
- The User consents to the publication of his username, the information contained in the profile, including, but not limited to, language skills, his interests, the online status and the profile picture, in addition to any other information provided voluntarily, even after registration. The e-mail address will not be published.
- It is also possible to conclude the contract relating to the use of Meetspeaker, directly using your Gmail or Facebook profile. In this case, by clicking on the subscription button, you can create an account directly using the name and profile picture used for your Facebook or Gmail profile. The User who created his account in these simplified ways will be able to access the dedicated section at any time, thus increasing the information on his profile.
- By registering, the User declares to be considered of age in the country in which he resides and to be bound by these Conditions. If the User does not know if he has reached the age of majority in his country of residence or does not understand this Article, he will not have to proceed with the creation of an account.
- The User has the right to choose at the time of registration, or at a later time, to limit the visibility of the information indicated in point II above. In this case, other Users will only be able to view the image chosen by the User for their personal profile and their nickname.
- The User may not use nicknames or profile images with inappropriate content, which imply, for example, nudity, pornography, offensive, profane, discriminatory language or which contain expressions referring to illegal, criminal, violent activities or which in any case can be considered contrary. to morality. The Owner reserves the right to delete accounts that do not comply with these requirements.
- The User may not improperly use the image or name of a different person without prior and express authorization. The Owner reserves the right to suspend and delete accounts that do not comply with these requirements.
- Following registration, the Owner sends the User, by e-mail, an automatic confirmation of registration.
- It is the User’s responsibility to verify the correctness and truthfulness of the data entered.
- It is the User’s responsibility to keep their login credentials. It is understood that in no case can the Owner be held responsible in the event of loss, diffusion, theft, theft and unauthorized use by third parties, for any reason, of the Users’ access credentials.
- In the event of the death of a User, the Owner will endeavor to close the account at the request of the heirs but in no way will he be able to allow these or his executors to log in with his account.
9. User Regulation and Definition.
- By creating an account, the subject, necessarily of age, acquires the status of User.
- The creation of an account and registration with Meetspeaker is entirely and totally free as is the use of the services offered by the Owner through the platform itself, with the exception of the Pro function.
- By registering, the subject concludes a contract with the Owner for the use of the features and services made available through Meetspeaker to Users of unlimited duration.
- The User can join as a member of an unlimited number of groups created by Users. In any case, any restrictions on access to the group that will be imposed by the administrator of the group itself are reserved.
- The User may also make use, without any limitation, of all the messaging services made available by the Owner through Meetspeaker.
- Users, in using the services and features offered by the Owner through Meetspeaker, must in any case fully comply with the terms and conditions of use specified here, which will be considered fully known and accepted, as well as fully effective. , from the moment the account was created
10. User Content
- The User can upload various contents to Meetspeaker, which may include: material, documents, information, announcements or advertisements. The uploading of such contents does not encounter any limitation by the Owner of Meetspeaker as long as they are not unlawful (or intimidating, offensive, defamatory, abusive, or any title illegal, or violate privacy, intellectual property rights and / or industrial of the Owner and / or third parties) or are not in any other way harmful to the Owner and / or third parties or deplorable and do not contain viruses, political propaganda, mass e-mails or any other form of spamming.
- The User is totally and exclusively responsible for the use of the services made available by the Owner through Meetspeaker (to be understood with regard to the functions of publication, consultation, content management and contact between Users) and is therefore the ‘the sole guarantor and person responsible for the goods and services offered as well as for the correctness, completeness and lawfulness of the Contents and their behavior in the context of contact between Users.
- It is absolutely forbidden for the User to publish or send messages that have discriminatory or defamatory content or that incite hatred towards persons with different religious or political beliefs, different sexual inclinations or who belong to different cultures or ethnic groups.
- In the event of publication of advertisements, the User guarantees the availability and / or ownership of the good / service covered by the advertisements. The User also guarantees that their advertisements do not violate any copyright or industrial property right or other third party rights. In the event of a dispute by third parties regarding any announcement or conduct related to it, the User assumes full responsibility and undertakes to hold the Owner harmless and harmless from any damage, loss or expense.
- The User, while maintaining the ownership of the published content, gives the Owner the license for the use of the same content.
- The User who shares his Contents with other users through the services made available by the Owner through Meetspeaker, expressly accepts that any person with whom he has shared such Contents can use, save, record, reproduce, transmit them, share, view and communicate for free and worldwide. In order not to grant this option to others, the User must refrain from sharing such content.
- The Owner may at its discretion remove or delete content published by the User.
- VIII.The Owner, although not able to ensure timely control over the Contents received, reserves the right to cancel, move, modify those that, at its discretion, appear to be illegal, abusive, defamatory, obscene or harmful to the right of author and trademarks or in any case unacceptable. The use of violent language will be grounds for immediate suspension and expulsion from the Application.
- It is forbidden to use an e-mail address that is not owned by the User, to use the personal data and credentials of another User in order to steal his identity, or in any other way to declare the origin of the Contents false.
- The Data Controller may therefore, directly or through trusted third parties, use, modify, copy, transmit, extract, publish, distribute, publicly perform, disseminate, create derivative works, host, index, store, annotate, encode, modify and adapt ( including without limitation the right to adapt for transmission by any means of communication) in any form or with any tool currently known or to be invented in the future, any Content (including images, messages, even audio and video), which should be sent by the User, also through third parties.
- Users will be able to offer paid activities and services under conditions that clearly indicate the related costs. If they have a connection with schools, companies or specialized professionals, this circumstance must be duly and clearly indicated to the user. The Owner does not check the truthfulness and correctness of the offers made by the User.
- It is expressly forbidden, unless explicitly authorized by the Owner: – the use of automatic systems for loading advertisements, except those expressly authorized; – the serial publication and / or the management of advertisements on behalf of third parties by any means or methods; – resell to third parties the services of the Data Controller.
- The Content sent will not be returned and will remain the property of the Owner who therefore remains exempt from any liability towards Users for the loss, modification or destruction of the transmitted Content.
11. Code of Conduct
- The User must always maintain a good level of attention, forethought and judgment in order to avoid the normal dangers that may be inherent in the use of services such as those made available by the owner through Meetspeaker. This must take place in a particular, but not exclusive way, in all those situations that result in meetings and interactions in real life, on which it is impossible for the Owner to exercise any type of verification or control and in relation to which the same declines since immediately any responsibility.
- Users are expressly prohibited from using the services made available to the Owner through Meetspeaker, to carry out activities reserved by law for legally certified professionals. The Owner, not being able to carry out any verification of the authenticity of the title spent by the User, invites the utmost caution and disclaims any liability that may arise from having accepted the activity of Users who have exercised the profession illegally.
- The User must use appropriate language, free from references to offensive, vulgar and sexual expressions.
- The use of content, material or actions that violate these Conditions is not permitted.
By accepting these Conditions, the User is obliged to abide by the following rules:
- Do not carry out illegal actions.
- Do not engage in activities that harm or threaten to harm women or minors or that exploit them or in any way encourage prostitution.
- Do not send unwanted spam – bulk emails, posts, contact requests, SMS, or instant messages.
- Do not publicly use or display or share inappropriate content or other material, such as nudity, harassment, pornography, abusive language, graphic violence or criminal activity.
- Do not engage in fraudulent, false or misleading activities, such as extorting money in disguise, impersonating another user, manipulating the Services to increase ratings or positive comments.
- Do not intentionally circumvent any limitations relating to access to the Services or their availability.
- The User must not engage in activities that are harmful to himself, the Services or to other users, for example the transmission of viruses, stalking, publication of content relating to terrorist activities, expressions of hatred or soliciting violence against other users.
- Do not violate the rights of other users, for example by unauthorized sharing of music or other copyrighted material, reselling or other distribution of photographs or maps.
- Do not engage in activities that violate the right to protection of the personal data of other users.
- Don’t help other users break these rules.
- The Owner reserves the right to refuse the User Content if it exceeds the limits or if it is deemed inappropriate or non-compliant and respectful of the purposes of the service offered.
- Furthermore, if the User violates any obligations referred to in the previous art. or otherwise substantially violates these Conditions, the Owner will take actions against him, including, by way of example, the interruption of the Services or the immediate closure of an account for just cause or the blocking of the delivery of a communication (for example, an email, file sharing, or instant message) sent or received through the Services. The Owner also reserves the right to remove or block User Content from the Services at any time, if it believes that such Content may violate applicable law or these Conditions. During investigations relating to alleged violations of these Conditions, the Owner reserves the right to analyze the User Content in order to resolve the problem. However, the Owner will not be able to monitor all the Services nor will it attempt to do so.
12. Real Dating and Activities.
- The purpose of the service owner is to allow users to organize, promote meetings and real activities that have the main purpose, even if not exclusive, to improve the language skills of the participants..
- The Owner of Meetspeaker does not exercise any control over what happens outside the platform, therefore the same, as of now, declines all responsibility for damages, of any kind, that could result to Users from having participated in organized activities or meetings. in real life through its own platform.
13. Signing up.
- Signing up for Meetspeaker as a User by creating an account is totally free.
14. Reporting and blocks
It is the duty of each User to report any abnormal behavior found in the use of the service by other Users as well as any behavior that may be considered symptomatic of the conduct of criminal activities.
The User may at any time decide to block another User, using the specific functionality made available by Meetspeaker.
The Data Controller also attributes to each user the right to send motivated reports in relation to the conduct of other Users.
The Owner reserves the right to verify the validity of the reports and to find them within a reasonable time.
In any case, the Owner urges each User to use the features offered by the site with the utmost prudence and foresight, in such a way as to protect themselves from any danger and damage that could be caused to their person by other Users. This entails the duty to contact the competent authorities directly and with the utmost diligence in order to receive adequate protection and assistance.
15. Account closure
- Users can interrupt the use of the services and products offered by the Owner through Meetspeaker at any time, by deactivating their account or requesting its cancellation directly from their reserved area, or, alternatively, by sending a written request to the address email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Owner, if the user violates these Conditions or the applicable legal provisions, reserves the right to suspend or close the user’s account at any time and without notice.
- The Owner reserves the right to cancel the account if he becomes aware of the fact that the owner has received, even before the opening of the account, criminal convictions for sexual offenses or violent crimes.
16. Teacher Policy
If you want to offer Teacher Services on the Meetspeaker Platform,
you must read and agree to be bound by these policies for Teachers (“Teacher Policy“).
In order to become a “Teacher“,you must first submit a complete application . You will have the ability to create and manage a Teacher profile on the Meetspeaker Platform, and you can begin providing “Teacher Services“, including offering and providing paid lessons (“Lesson“) to Students. Meetspeaker charges NO COMISSION from your lessons. Meetspeaker does not charge any commission or fee at any step.
The payment for your lessons is only and exclusively decided between you “Teacher ” and your students.
No payment goes through the meetspeaker platform.
All Teachers must create a description of their Teacher Services on the
Meetspeaker Platform. When creating the description of your Teaching
Services, you agree to the following:
- Write a specific, detailed service description with clear teaching scope and Lessons;
- Set expectations that you can meet or exceed;
not offer services with the intent to commit fraud, provide services
other than those outlined in your description, or offer any services in
exchange for positive feedback or at no cost;
- Do not advertise any third-party teaching service, platform, software, or application; and
not include any personal contact information, including but not limited
to, email, telephone number, or social media account number.
Once you receive a Teacher Service request from a Student, you:
- decide all important details of the communication between you and
the Student only. For the avoidance of doubt, communication may be conducted
via emails, instant messages, telephone or in-person conversations, and
important details generally includes information related to the scope of
your Teacher Services, your time frames and availability to provide any
Teacher Service, your price, your feedback to Student, any schedule
changes, any delay of providing your Teacher Service, and completion of
- Respond to all Teacher Services requests with
accept, decline, or propose a time/date change. Do not ignore Teaching
Service requests and allow them to expire.
All Teachers are expected to comply with the following policies when providing a Lesson:
to your scheduled Lesson. A confirmed Lesson is a commitment you make
with a Student. Reschedule or cancel as a last resort and only after you
have communicated this with your Student. If you know you will be away
and unable to respond to Students for a certain period, take the
responsibility to notify your Students of your absence and update the
availability information on your italki Account profile accordingly.
- Start Services on time. Teachers should start any Lesson at the time
scheduled with the Student, and should initiate contact with the
Student, particularly with a first-time Student.
- Connect with
the Student. Teachers should connect with their Students on the agreed
communication platform well before the scheduled start time for the
Lesson. Don’t wait until the last minute.
- Waiting for a late
Student. If a Student is late for a scheduled Lesson, the Teacher should
wait for the Student until the end of the period for the scheduled
Lesson. The Teacher should be available to start the Lesson at any time
during the scheduled period for the Lesson. The Teacher is not, however,
required to make up for lost time due to the Student’s late arrival.
Lesson on time. Teachers should politely let Students know that their
lessons are ending by reminding them before the end of the Lesson time
period. You may politely tell the Student that you need to prepare for
an upcoming Lesson with another Student.
- Rescheduling a Lesson
due to Student’s absence. If a Student fails to attend a Lesson and
requests to reschedule the class, it is the Teacher decision to agree or
If you will be unable to provide your Teacher Services at the time
previously agreed between you and a Student, you agree to (i)
immediately inform the Student that you are unable to provide your
Teacher Services at the scheduled time, and provide the Student with an
explanation. If you were unable to inform the Student in advance due to an emergency, you
are required to give an explanation to the Student as soon as you are
able to do so.
After obtaining the consent from the Student,
a Teacher may cancel or reschedule any scheduled Teacher Service
(including a Lesson) at any time that is more than 24 hours before such
Teacher Service is scheduled to start.
Except in the rare case of true emergencies, no Teacher Service (including a
Lesson) may be cancelled or rescheduled by a Teacher or Student within
24 hours of the start time for such Teacher Service.
17. Additional Guidelines
You also agree the following additional guidelines in connection with providing your Teacher Services on theMeetspeaker Platform:
the privacy of Meetspeaker Students
the privacy of your own personal information.
the values and traditions of your Students. Unless specifically
requested by the Student.
Students come from different backgrounds and have different language
abilities, it is important to be patient and polite. Help them through
their language learning difficulties. Be encouraging, not discouraging.
take the initiative in communicating with and managing Students.Teachers are expected to provide Teacher
Services in a professional manner, which includes:
responsive. You should respond to messages from Students promptly. When
you receive a Teacher Service request from a Student, you should respond
within 48 hours OR before the start time proposed by the Student for
the Teacher Service (whichever is sooner).
- Actively manage your calendar and
profile. Maintain your calendar to accurately reflect the times you are
available to provide Teacher Services.
- Provide accurate and
You are in breach of this Teacher
Policy, if you:
- Fail to deliver any Teacher Service.
- Fail to take reasonable efforts to resolve a dispute with a Student;
- Create unacceptable levels of Student dissatisfaction.
Meetspeaker reserves the right to take any of the following actions at any time and in its sole discretion:
- Cancel your listed Teacher Services.
- Suspend or terminate your Meetspeaker Teacher Account.
You agree not to, and will not assist, encourage, or enable
Students or other Teachers to:
- Provide or post false,
misleading, inaccurate, or plagiarized information.
- Provide or post false,
- Forge or alter your education background, curriculum vitae, work experience or certificates.
No waiver by either party of an article of these Conditions will be effective unless it has been expressly communicated and declared in writing to the Owner and accepted by the same.
19. Absence of representation.
It should be noted that this agreement does not give rise to any relationship of representation or collaboration between the Owner and the Users. Therefore, no User may conclude with third parties any shops or agreements that are also binding for the Owner, much less spend his name.
20. Invalidity of individual clauses
If any provision of these Conditions is found to be illegal, illegitimate or invalid, it will not be considered as part of the Conditions and this will not affect the remaining provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
21. Applicable law, arbitration clause and competent court
These Conditions and all disputes regarding execution, interpretation and validity are subject to Italian law and to the exclusive jurisdiction of the court of the place where the Data Controller is based.
The parties will submit disputes arising from this contract to the conciliation attempt provided for by the Conciliation Service of the Arbitration Chamber of Parma. In the event that the attempt fails, disputes arising from this contract or in relation to it, will be resolved by arbitration according to the Rules of the Arbitration Chamber established at the Chamber of Commerce of Parma, by a single arbitrator appointed in accordance with these Rules.
If the User is a consumer pursuant to Article 3 of the Consumer Code, the mandatory territorial jurisdiction is of the judge of the place of residence or domicile of the consumer himself, if located in the territory of the Italian State, without prejudice to the right for the User – consumer to refer to a judge other than that of the “consumer court” pursuant to art. 66bis of the Consumer Code, competent for the territory according to one of the criteria referred to in Articles 18, 19 and 20 of the civil procedure code.
22. Online dispute resolution for consumers
Consumers residing in Europe must be aware of the fact that the European Commission has set up an online platform that provides an alternative dispute resolution tool. This tool can be used by the Consumer to resolve in a non-judicial way any dispute relating to and / or deriving from contracts for the sale of goods and services stipulated online. Consequently, the Consumer can use this platform for the resolution of any dispute arising from the contract stipulated with the Owner of Meetspeaker. The platform is available at the following address: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/
The Owner declares that these Conditions have been drafted entirely in Italian and subsequently translated into other languages. In the event that Users find any inconsistencies, they must therefore exclusively and fully refer to the Italian version.
24. Final provisions
The changes will in any case be made known to users already registered through the site