Price per hour in a group (2-3-4 or more students): 10$
The best teacher I ever had was my history teacher in high school. I preferred French and Math to history, but she was able to see past the dates and facts and make the subject come to life beyond the basic curriculum. For instance, we looked through old newspaper articles about historical events and then wrote our own blogs as if we were journalists living during that time. I was inspired by her unconventional techniques, and I strive to bring the same passion for innovative ways to learn to my classroom.
Positive reinforcement is super important to keep a student motivated, so one thing I like to do is throw out rewards or bonuses when they perform especially well. This could be candy, or a star, or a sticker, or even just a compliment—whatever I can tell students enjoy receiving, and it’s different for everyone. I never want students to feel left out or overindulged, so I always try to be fair and consistent with everyone. But it’s those little moments of recognition I think that keep them happy and excited to learn.”
• Private lessons in French language,
• Preparing students to attend DELF and DALF exam.
• Excellent results for my students.
• Identified the needs of learners and if necessary adapted course content and delivery style to meet their needs
• Assisted with homework and other class assignments
• Developed academic strategies to improve student self-sufficiency
• Reviewed materials assigned by the students' teachers and helped students complete homework
• Created lesson plans, review worksheets, and practice tests to prepare students for weekly tests
• Prepared students who successfully passed the DELF test
• Communicated with parents about students' progress
• Increased students' understanding of the curriculum and increased grade average
• Worked one-on-one with students in subjects including French and reading
• Led and motivated students to complete assignments while maximizing understanding and scores